Friday, September 17, 2010

Preference Night

Before I began, I met with my Rho Gamma to see the party invitations I got back from the chapters. I could only attend up to two parties.  Tonight was the most formal night of recruitment, and these parties were some of the most emotional in formal recruitment as I was deciding what sorority I could see myself in for life. I participated in special ceremonies that revealed the strongest characteristics and foundations of the ideals that they live by and value most. 

I spoke privately with sisters and heard testimonials about their personal experiences. One sister opened up to me about what helped her choose her sorority, what their sisterhood means to them personally, and what it could potentially mean to you. She told me that any sorority would be lucky to have me. That meant so much to me to hear that.  At the end of the night, I met with my Rho Gamma to make my final decision and figure out which sorority I wanted to become a lifelong member of.  I ranked the sororities in your order of preference for an invitation to join.

My last long night of no sleep....can't wait for tomorrows Bid Day!!